Do you know the benefits of doing a pre-listing inspection?
Have you ever wondered whether you should do a Pre-listing inspection? Pre-listing inspections are performed prior to listing to discover the existing condition of the home/property so a seller can:
- Discover issues the seller may not have known about before an offer is accepted
- Focus on what to repair, replace or leave as-is in the sale on the seller’s terms
- Adjust the listing price to reflect the true “as is” condition of the listing
- Find the right buyer with disclosure of the inspections findings before accepting an offer
- Minimize further price negotiations and delays in escrow
- Diminish the risk of a buyer canceling escrow during the inspection contingency period
- Avoid having to go back on the market with an older listing
- The seller is obligated to disclose the previous buyer’s inspection findings to the next buyer
- California real estate litigation often involves claimed failures to disclose by the seller
This way you can be ahead of the game and ahead of the transaction!